SDL2 / Kivy keyboard event not firing in Snap

Olivier Tilloy olivier.tilloy at canonical.com
Tue Jan 24 10:22:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 4:15 AM, Aaron Hampton <aaron.hampt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Kivy ( https://kivy.org/#home ) inside a snap. It mostly
> works, but some SDL2 events don't occur. If I run the application from
> outside of a snap the events do happen.
>
> Specifically, the textinput event works outside of a snap, not inside of a
> snap. This is the code I'm using:
>
> https://github.com/hamptus/kivy-snap
>
> I have asked in the Kivy IRC, but didn't get very far there. Are there any
> permissions I should be aware of? Any other packages I need installed for
> all the SDL2 events to work?

That sounds very similar to the issue I was having with the 0ad snap,
which after much debugging I fixed by exporting $XLOCALEDIR, see
details here: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~osomon/+junk/0ad-snap/revision/8.

Let us know if that did the trick.
Also, this should be documented somehow for people snapping X11/SDL
games. Do we have a place for such tips and tricks?

Cheers,

 Olivier