Classic confinement success for LDC D compiler

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Jan 26 22:04:29 UTC 2017

On 26/01/17 22:36, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> The plan is that there will be a mechanism for the publisher to list
> accounts that can push and release revisions.
>
> For now I would suggest you use your own account until we have that,
> then we can move to something more representative.

Ack, I already registered an extra account in the name of 'LDC Developers'.  I
hope there's no harm in using that ... :-)

The `ldc2` name is apparently reserved (I requested it); if I temporarily choose
a different name, will I wind up with the issue of all my programs being called
something like my-temporary-snap-name.ldc2 etc.?

> Congrats! This will be lovely for the D crowd.

Yes, it should be good.  The LDC folks certainly seem happy :-)

The snap for DUB (a package/build manager for D programs) is also working nicely
AFAICT so I'll follow up with that soon (I'd like to have one published snap for
people to try and verify before I proceed with any others).