Request for etcdctl alias autoconnect

Charles Butler charles.butler at canonical.com
Mon Mar 6 17:26:13 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I think this in itself would be preferable.  My concerns would be collision
while the deb is still installed which is a short window in the charm path.

I think `snap alias etcd.etcdctl etcdctl` is the desired outcome here, so
we aren't changing commands. I've worked around this in the interim by
setting aliases in layer.yaml for paths. I would prefer to drop this
workaround in favor of aliases for the snap.

All the best,

Charles

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 7:45 AM Mark Shuttleworth <
mark.shuttleworth at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> The etcd database includes a client utility, etcdctl, which is included
> in the etcd snap as etcd.etcdctl.
>
> I'm writing to the list to proposed that be aliased to the top-level
> etcdctl on installation of etcd by default. The name of the utility is
> very distinctive and highly unlikely to conflict with any other use of
> the name.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark

Juju Charmer
Canonical Group Ltd.
Ubuntu - Linux for human beings | www.ubuntu.com
conjure-up canonical-kubernetes | jujucharms.com