build.snapcraft.io and GitHub groups

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Mar 17 23:49:15 UTC 2017

Hello all,

I thought I'd give build.snapcraft.io a go for my ldc2 snap.  Signing in was
fine, and I was asked to give permission both for accessing my account and the
ldc-developers group which I'm part of (where the ldc2 snap is managed).

However, when being asked to choose a GitHub repo, I was presented only with
repos from my own personal GitHub, and none belonging to ldc-developers -- so I
couldn't add the official repo of the ldc2 snap.

This was a little bit surprising given that I was explicitly asked to OK access
by build.snapcraft.io to the ldc-developers group, so ... any chance this could
be addressed? :-)

Assuming it might not be soon, I assume the best option would be to use
Launchpad as documented here:
https://snapcraft.io/docs/build-snaps/ci-integration

... but is it possible to do this via a project registered on behalf of a team,
instead of an individual user account?

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe