git clone and Launchpad build system

Gregory Lutostanski gregory.lutostanski at canonical.com
Sat Mar 18 21:11:08 UTC 2017

Launchpad builders have an issue with git where they do not proxy that
connection, only https. Here the issue is that that github repo has
submodules specified with the git: url schema (and its doing a recursive
checkout of the source).

The bug is https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd/+bug/1663920

As a workaround you can change the submodules to https: rather than git:
annoying indeed, that is what I had to go with personally. Dunno if anybody
else has other ideas.

--Greg