Contributing cloud parts

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 20 08:42:24 UTC 2017

Le 17/03/2017 à 19:13, Tim Süberkrüb a écrit :
> Hey,

Hey Tim,

> what is the process of contributing a cloud part to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/snapcraft/parts (is it open for community
> contributions?)?
>
> Are there any plans for having a real parts repository instead of a
> wiki page for cloud parts? I think something like parts.snapcraft.io
> would be pretty cool :)

There isn't any process as of now AFAIK. It is open for community
contributions, so feel free to edit the wiki page adding your awesome
cloud part :)
snapcraft update && snapcraft search should list your part within the
next hour (the importer runs hourly AFAIK).

I agree some way to see/check metrics on parts popularity, getting
user's feedback and such would be pretty cool!
Cheers,
Didier