[Dragonboard410c] Ubuntu OS Build Issues, and Support

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 20 09:55:24 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Montag, den 20.03.2017, 06:04 +0000 schrieb Sunny Bhayani:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> > hi,
> > the image has not properly being initialized ... else you would
> only
> > get the reboot notifications after the first upgrade of the core
> snap
> > (i.e. your root filesystem)...
>> > normally a "snap list" should list the gadget (dragonboard), core
> and
> > the kernel snap (ubuntu-snapdragon-kernel) you described in your
> model
> > assertion, even before you installed anything.
>> We are not getting the above three snaps listed even though we get
> through
> the initial conf setup. So can you point to a possible error ?

yes, the broken assertion file will prevent the verification of the
snaps in the firstboot setup.
this happens during first boot way before you can interact with the
system. it will then (amongst other things) add these snaps to the
state.json file (which is why john asked for the content i guess).

> We are populating the "authority-id" and "brand-id" fields in the
> json file
> from the above link that you have mentioned i.e.
> https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/account/
>
> The "authority-id" field and "brand-id" is populated as "Account-Id"
> found
> in the above link which is a 32-letter (Alpha-numeric).
>
> Please do let us know if we are missing anything.

with that it should work if the account the assertion gets signed with
is identical to the one in the store

> Also, as you mentioned that without proper authority id and brand id
> in the
> assertion file, initial setup (before console-conf) will not happen.
> But we are
> able to do the initial setup (profile setup) and then we get the
> shell prompt.
>
> So can the initial setup be done if assertion model is not correct ?

yes, this is probably a usability bug a failed firstboot configuration
should at least spill a readable error or show it failed in the
console-conf UI.

> If possible, this is to request you that if you can build the xenial
> sources (branch "snapdragon")
> once and check if you are facing these errors like we are ?
>
> We had only changed the snapcraft.yaml to get the dtb and firmware
> built.

i'm a bit short on time this week but i'll see what i can do :)

ciao
	oli