How to convert the initrd.img during buiding the kernel snap.

Madper Xie madper.xie at canonical.com
Tue Mar 21 10:26:08 UTC 2017

Hi Ogra,

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 6:20 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 21.03.2017, 18:13 +0800 schrieb Madper Xie:
> > Hi Ogra,
> >
> > After adding the `#define CONFIG_SUPPORT_RAW_INITRD` the uboot still
> > complains `Wrong Ramdisk Image Format Ramdisk image is corrupt or
> > invalid`
> >
> > Is there any other macros should be defined?
>
> well, your initrd.img needs to indeed just be that, not an uInitrd, the
> boot command your board uses (bootm, booti, bootz or whatever) will
> need to use the right syntax (usually you need to pass the size)...
>
> Yes I noticed that in the README.txt. So I modified the boot cmd to
`autoboot=bootz ${loadaddr} ${ramdisk_addr}:1c5 ${fdt_addr}`  ... Still
doesn't boot.

> also a look at your boot.env.in and a serial log might be useful ...

The serial log doesn't provide useful message:

```
Booting from mmc ...
file_prefix: /hummingboard-kernel_x1.snap/
4648094 bytes read in 262 ms (16.9 MiB/s)
Loaded initrd.img
38636 bytes read in 21 ms (1.8 MiB/s)
Loaded imx6q-hummingboard.dtb
Kernel image @ 0x10800000 [ 0x000000 - 0x5fa120 ]