Defining multiple (external) snap packages in a single git repo

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Mar 25 10:29:31 UTC 2017

On 25/03/17 10:00, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> We could host multiple snapcraft.yamls in a repo, using some sort of
> snapcraft.*.yaml scheme, for example.
>
> So:
>
>   snapcraft
>
>      builds all snaps
>
>   snapcraft snap foo
>
>      builds snapcraft.foo.yaml

Hmm, to be honest, I was thinking of a simpler setup where you'd have something
like,

     base_dir/
         foo/
             snap/
                 snapcraft.yaml
         bar/
             snap/
                 snapcraft.yaml

         etc...

i.e. just there would be multiple folders containing independent snap package
definitions.  This wouldn't require any tweaks to snapcraft, but would it be
possible to integrate with CI in line with what's described here?
https://snapcraft.io/docs/build-snaps/ci-integration

I'm anticipating it might be easier with Travis than with Launchpad but only
because I don't know to what extent it's straightforward to define custom build
jobs on Launchpad.  The dlang installer project already uses Travis (but
currently only for testing) so that might be a viable option.

Thanks & best wishes,

     -- Joe