some console-conf start-up traceback

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Tue Mar 28 02:58:00 UTC 2017

On 28 March 2017 at 10:38, Michael Hudson-Doyle <
michael.hudson at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 28 March 2017 at 02:50, Nicolino Curalli <n.curalli at domotz.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we have a strange output on console after the first boot: the first boot
>> go straight without any traceback.
>>
>> We use our kernel snap on a orangepi plus 2e board (kernel 4.9).
>>
>> The traceback is the following:
>>

>> [  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.
>> [  OK  ] Started OpenBSD Secure Shell server.
>> [  OK  ] Reached target Multi-User System.
>> [  OK  ] Reached target Graphical Interface.
>>          Starting Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes...
>> [  OK  ] Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes.
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/share/subiquity/console-conf-write-login-details", line 21,
>> in <module>
>>     sys.exit(write_login_details_standalone())
>>   File "/usr/share/subiquity/console_conf/controllers/identity.py", line
>> 136, in write_login_details_standalone
>>     write_login_details(sys.stdout, owner['username'], ips)
>>   File "/usr/share/subiquity/console_conf/controllers/identity.py", line
>> 115, in write_login_details
>>     sshcommands=sshcommands, host_key_info=host_key_info(),
>> tty_name=tty_name, first_ip=ips[0]))
>> IndexError: list index out of range
>>

> Ah, this would be a bug. The script that generates the "ssh
> domotz at 192.168.5.107" page is clearly running before the system gets an
> IP address (via DHCP I guess?) and crash looping until the system does have
> an IP address.
>
> I'll see what I can come up with to fix this.

Hi again, this should be fixed by
https://github.com/CanonicalLtd/subiquity/pull/209 (which I don't expect
you to try, I'll let you know when it reaches the core snap in the edge
channel). By far the hardest part of this was figuring out a way to test it!

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,
mwh