Install snaps in armhf chroot

John Lenton john.lenton at canonical.com
Tue Mar 28 09:58:37 UTC 2017

> I'm currently building an armhf system using live-build and running
> snapd on it. I wanted to pre-install snaps during the image build
> process and run into several problems.
> Using qemu-arm-static in the chroot I get following error:

the go developers decided to not support being run in qemu:

https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13024

“As beefy arm boards are widely available, I don't think we should
invest into qemu usermode emulation any more. It's slower than the
more powerful arm boards, and it doesn't support multithreaded
programs well.”