ANN: snapcraft 2.28 has been released

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Mar 30 22:21:41 UTC 2017

On 30/03/17 21:54, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> Prettier version of the release notes can be found on https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/releases/tag/2.28

Big thanks for this one!  More specifically ...

> ### classic confinement
>
> With this release it should be now possible to use launchpad builders to build for other architectures than `amd64` as the detection logic for the dynamic linker in core has been fixed.

I can confirm that Launchpad was able to successfully complete both amd64 and
i386 builds of the current development branch of my ldc2 snap.  Armhf and arm64
builds are currently under way and are looking fine so far (if anything goes
wrong I would anticipate it being an LDC issue).

Couldn't have come at a better time as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again and best wishes,

     -- Joe