Snapd fails to start in my custom ubuntu-core

Luke Williams luke.williams at canonical.com
Thu Sep 8 22:58:48 UTC 2016

Wow, I hate typing on my phone. Corrected email below so it actually makes
sense:

One thing I noticed is that if you build your kernel snap with confinement:
strict
It will build your image with the three snaps showing in the snap list
command, so that when you add other snaps, it does not download the
Ubuntu-core snap and make the system 100% unstable.

I've also been using the stable channel instead of edge because with the
edge channel I have not been able to get the device to detect the network
properly on many devices mainly because it's looking for network, and it
being a switch, relies on the network drivers to be loaded before the cloud
init runs which has lead to a boot up time of 5 minutes on initial boot.

luke.williams at canonical.com
www.canonical.com || www.ubuntu.com