Console-conf and ip address

Victor Palau victor.palau at canonical.com
Fri Sep 23 09:45:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have an issue, and talking to a few people they had it too, where I set
up my user link to my sso via console -conf and failed to write down the ip
address of the box.

Even having a keyboard and screen connected to the device (RPI2) does not
help to get access to the box, since I never had a chance to set up a
password. So I had to reflash the device and try again.

My concern is that if I take the device somewhere else or I loose the lease
for that ip and did not set up a password, my only option would be to
reflash the device (if I dont have admin access in the network router i am
connected). This seems a bad user experience.

Could we not at least have the ip address for the device always displayed
on the console login prompt.

However, it still feels very fragile user experience

Thanks

Victor