A snap that uses other apps

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Tue Aug 23 15:18:45 UTC 2016

> Wiadomość napisana przez Alejandro Vera <alejandro.vera at gmail.com> w dniu 23.08.2016, o godz. 15:37:
>
> Hi everyone...
>
> I am developing an app for internal use in my company.
>
> In my app I can config an external commando line app to format code and I can config my browser to open files. But when I package it as a snap my app can not see those apps
>
> What should I do? I think this is very common. I hope I do not have to package the browser and the cli-app in my snap

It depends on how those apps look like.

In general the whole host filesystem is exposed as /var/lib/snapd/hostfs. In devmode you can run anything installed there (that is the root filesystem of your computer) assuming you set PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and anything else like that to point there.

Best regards.
ZK