A snap that uses other apps

Alejandro Vera alejandro.vera at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:45:07 UTC 2016

Hi...

In my /var/lib/snapd/hostfs there are no files. How can Install an app
there? I need js-beautify installed using python pip.

If I want to distribute my snap inside my company without using devmode,
which is the way to access other cli-apps?

Thanks :D

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Zygmunt Krynicki <
zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com> wrote:

> Wiadomość napisana przez Alejandro Vera <alejandro.vera at gmail.com> w dniu
> 23.08.2016, o godz. 15:37:
>
> Hi everyone...
>
> I am developing an app for internal use in my company.
>
> In my app I can config an external commando line app to format code and I
> can config my browser to open files. But when I package it as a snap my app
> can not see those apps
>
> What should I do? I think this is very common. I hope I do not have to
> package the browser and the cli-app in my snap
>

> It depends on how those apps look like.
>
> In general the whole host filesystem is exposed as /var/lib/snapd/hostfs.
> In devmode you can run anything installed there (that is the root
> filesystem of your computer) assuming you set PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
> anything else like that to point there.
>
> Best regards.
> ZK
>

> Thanks!