File permissions within a snap

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 25 11:13:41 UTC 2016

hi,
On Do, 2016-08-25 at 12:03 +0100, Jenny Murphy wrote:
> Hi,
>  Do I need to define the location of SNAP_USER_DATA. Currently I
> added the following line to a wrapper script that already runs in my
> app :
>
> echo "User Data = " $SNAP_USER_DATA
>

> The result is
>  User Data =

you probably want the variable inside the quotes ;)

you can install the hello-world snap to check the default environment a
snap gets ...

ubuntu at pi3:~$ hello-world.env |grep SNAP_USER_DATA
SNAP_USER_DATA=/home/ubuntu/snap/hello-world/27

there is also a hellp-world.sh in that package that spawns a shell
inside a typical snap sandbox so you can inspect the environment more
and try out what is writable etc.

ciao
	oli