File permissions within a snap

Jenny Murphy jenny.murphy at episensor.com
Thu Aug 25 11:31:34 UTC 2016

Hi,
 Unfortunately, either inside or outside quotes it is still blank.

Do you have a link to that hello world example you mentioned.

The previous reply (from yesterday) mentioned the use of interfaces, maybe
this would be cleaner than messing around with scripts and environment
variables?
I am using snapcraft 1.1.0, are interfaces available to use in that version?

Jenny

On 25 August 2016 at 12:13, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> On Do, 2016-08-25 at 12:03 +0100, Jenny Murphy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  Do I need to define the location of SNAP_USER_DATA. Currently I
> > added the following line to a wrapper script that already runs in my
> > app :
> >
> > echo "User Data = " $SNAP_USER_DATA
> >

> > The result is
> >  User Data =
>
> you probably want the variable inside the quotes ;)
>
> you can install the hello-world snap to check the default environment a
> snap gets ...
>
> ubuntu at pi3:~$ hello-world.env |grep SNAP_USER_DATA
> SNAP_USER_DATA=/home/ubuntu/snap/hello-world/27
>
> there is also a hellp-world.sh in that package that spawns a shell
> inside a typical snap sandbox so you can inspect the environment more
> and try out what is writable etc.
>
> ciao
>         oli

*Jenny Murphy*
*EpiSensor, Georges Quay House, Georges Quay, Limerick, Ireland*
jenny.murphy at episensor.com <jenny.murphy at episensor.com>  t | +353 (0) 61
512 511  w | http://www.episensor.com