No such file or directory when try to execute gsettings

Eloy García (PC Actual) eloy.garcia.pca at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 05:23:08 UTC 2016

Hello everybody.

I am developing a java-based application that downloads and changes the
desktop wallpaper. Depends on the desktop environment, it has to execute a
"native" program to do this job. For instance, in Unity executes "gsettings
set org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri
file:///home/serrano/Pictures/y.jpg" command line, but gsettings is not
found under confinment, throwing this error: Cannot run program
"gsettings": error=2, No such file or directory.

I have tried gsettings and Unity7 interfaces with no luck. i guess is more
a question of executing a program outside the confinment. How could I do
that? Thank you very much!

Best,

Eloy

--