Cannot install snap apps from store

Oliver Ries oliver.ries at canonical.com
Fri Dec 9 04:21:57 UTC 2016

Hi

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 6:31 PM, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not know how many of you have met the issue. When I try to install an
> app from the store, it comes me an error like:
>
> liuxg at ubuntu:~$ sudo snap install tensorflow-demo --devmode --beta
> error: cannot install "tensorflow-demo": Get https://search.apps.ubuntu.
> com/api/v1/snaps/details/tensorflow-demo?channel=beta: net/http: request
> canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while
> awaiting headers)
> liuxg at ubuntu:~$ sudo snap install tensorflow-demo --devmode --beta
> error: cannot install "tensorflow-demo": Get https://search.apps.ubuntu.
> com/api/v1/snaps/details/tensorflow-demo?channel=beta: net/http: request
> canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while
> awaiting headers)

I just did a quick test on my classic Ubuntu (AMD64) and was able to
download & install the snap just fine.

> In fact, I have met this this problem a number of times, and sometimes it
> works fine. Also, my colleague said to me that he gets the same issue
> sometimes. What is the root cause for this?

it might be good to get this into a bug report with all relevant
information (distribution, architecture, network setup (traceroute?) and a
timestamp so server logs can be matched.

let us know the id and the team will be looking at that asap.

thx,
Olli