Development environment for debs and snaps for raspberry pi 3?

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 15 13:00:31 UTC 2016

For docker, make sure you're using snapd 2.19.1 or newer; the core (OS)
snap from the edge channel works for me:

*lool at localhost*:*~*$ snap list

Name         Version     Rev  Developer  Notes

core         16.04.1     694  canonical  -

[...]

*lool at localhost*:*~*$ snap version

snap    2.19+ppa129.c327d93a-1

snapd   2.19+ppa129.c327d93a-1

series  16

*lool at localhost*:*~*$ sudo docker run --rm -it hello-world

[...]

Hello from Docker!

[...]

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM, Gregory Lutostanski <
gregory.lutostanski at canonical.com> wrote:

> On that note... I haven't been able to get either docker nor lxd working
> on my rpi2/3 anybody else been able to?
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1606510 is what I hit for lxd.
> I didnt know about the classic snap, maybe that will enable me to get lxd
> working, which would be my preferred choice.
>
> --Greg
>

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 8:46 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 2) if one were to want to use the official snappy core ubuntu 16.04
>>> for raspberry pi 3 as a development host, is there a reasonable way to
>>> do that?  e.g. installing lxd on it and running an ubuntu desktop
>>> environment inside lxd?
>>>

>> On top of what David Callé said about the classic snap, installing the
>> LXD or Docker snaps and running snapcraft in a container would certainly
>> work! I haven't tried running a full desktop and would love to hear how
>> that fares  :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> - Loïc Minier
>>
>> --