package contains external symlinks: lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 lint-snap-v2_external_symlinks

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Thu Jul 21 13:05:00 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 05:48 -0700, Martin Winter wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 3:49, Loïc Minier wrote:
>

> > This is tricky; three options:
> > 1) patch the files to use your ld-linux; patchelf is supposed to be able to
> > do this, but when I tried --set-interpreter on a simple binary I got this
> > error:
> > cannot find section .interp
> >
> > You could still patch it in ugly ways.
> >
> > 2) you can wrap your commands in shell scripts which run the linker; you
> > have a stable interface in the form of POSIX shell script /bin/sh; it goes
> > like this:
> > ./copy-of-ld --inhibit-cache ./foo
> Runtime isn’t the issue. The problem is the ubuntu store failing the snap
> in the automated tests after the upload.

There is a bug in the review tools which are supposed to allow external symlinks
to libc libs but this particular one's matching rule didn't catch this lib when
it should have.

Please request a manual review in the store and I can take a look at the snap
and fix the tools.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com