Trying to package angband as snap

Radek Sprta mail at radeksprta.eu
Wed Jul 20 20:51:34 UTC 2016

Hey,

I tried packaging Angband as as snap. This is what I have as snapcraft.yaml:

name: angband
version: "4.0.5"
summary: Single-player, text-based, dungeon simulation game
confinement: devmode

apps:
angband:
command: games/angband
plug: [x11, unity7, home, pulseaudio]

parts:
angband:
plugin: autotools
configflags: ["--enable-sdl"]
source: http://rephial.org/downloads/4.0/angband-4.0.5.tar.gz
build-packages:
- libsdl1.2-dev
- libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
- libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
- libsdl-image1.2-dev

The game gets packaged, but fails to run, because it looks for the files in /share/games/angband instead of $SNAP/share/games/angband

I tried packaging it with '--no-install' and 'prefix=$SNAP' options (changing command to angband), but both result in:
/snap/angband/100001/command-angband.wrapper: 5: exec: angband: Permission denied

The snappy-debug gives suggestions such as:
* adjust program to read necessary files from $SNAP, $SNAP_DATA or $SNAP_USER_DATA
and
* adjust program to execute binaries directly from $SNAP instead of /snap/bin

Do I just fail at snapcraft or does the game really need to be patched?

Best regards,
Radek