mpv snap

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jul 27 13:30:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:54:21 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>well, you dont really need alsa *access* you can ship the libs and
>config in your snap (and have full control over your dependencies),
>what you need is direct device access for that setup

Yesno, there could be the need to mix audio streams, jackd, dmix or
what ever else, so direct access to the devices isn't helpful, as soon
as two snaps try to access one audio device. IIUC you already made
pulseaudio available ;), but pulseaudio doesn't fit to everybody's
needs. Jackd might not fit to this mpv direct alsa access example, but
dmix does. OTOH I'm not using dmix, so I don't know how it works,
perhaps dmix could be considered to quasi be the audio device.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Death of ROXTerm