Multiple app per part generate "dot" executables

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 29 06:19:08 UTC 2016

Le 28/07/2016 à 20:01, Dietmar Winkler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have one part that when compiled provides several binaries.
>
> See : https://github.com/dietmarw/snaps/blob/master/ipe/snapcraft.yaml#L50
>
> The problem is that the only "clean" bin binary is ipe all the other
> apps get installed as:
>
> $ ls /snap/bin/ipe*
> /snap/bin/ipe              /snap/bin/ipe.ipeextract  /snap/bin/ipe.ipescript
> /snap/bin/ipe.ipe6upgrade  /snap/bin/ipe.iperender   /snap/bin/ipe.ipetoipe
>
> So how can I avoid having to call the apps with "ipe." in front?

Hey,

This is the core part of the snapd design: commands are namespaced (with
a default command shorten if app_name == snap_name).

That way, you can avoid clash and conflicts when multiple snaps are
installed on the system as they can't claim the same binary names,
compared to a traditional packaging format.