Getting QT apps running.

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 29 11:58:21 UTC 2016

hi,
On Fr, 2016-07-29 at 13:40 +0200, Dietmar Winkler wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > export IPELUAPATH=$SNAP/share/ipe/7.2.5/lua/?.lua
>
> That was it. The app now launches. Still loads of menus and icons
> missing in the UI but I guess this is down to:
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "overlay-scrollbar"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gtk-vector-screenshot"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "unity-gtk-module"
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols
> specified are supported
>
> during start up. And of course the theme link that can not be
> generated:
>
> ln: failed to create symbolic link
> '/home/dietmarw/snap/ipe/x4/.themes/themes': Read-only file system
>
> So I guess currently there is not much I can do about the gtk modules
> not getting loaded. Other then wait that some day perhaps snappy will
> support this.
i doubt it is related to the Gtk messages given your app is Qt (none of
the above modules are essential)  ...

have you tried setting the other variables described in
http://ipe.otfried.org/manual/manual_40.html

looks to me like IPEICONDIR might give you icons for example ...when
set to the right location ...
i would just try to play with these vars a bit, i bet you can sort most
of your issues when they point to the right places ...

ciao
	oli