valgring

Renato Filho renato.filho at canonical.com
Tue Nov 1 12:31:13 UTC 2016

Hi Guys,

My app is crashing on startup when running on "strict" mode, I tried
to add more verbose debug but until now I did not find the problem.

I would like to run the app with valgrind. This will make the
developer apps easy. Is that possible?

I already tried to install valgrind with my app adding it into the
"stage-packages" list. And use the snap shell to run the app and
valgrind. But did not work, it says:

"valgrind: failed to start tool 'memcheck' for platform 'amd64-linux':
No such file or directory"

Looking for this error on the internet it says that this is caused
because you are trying to run valgrind in a different path from the
"--prefix" used on the compilation time.

Have any of you guys already used valgrind to debug your snapped apps?
Do you have anithing to share?

Thanks
Renato