xterm

Joe Coates jcoates at extremenetworks.com
Tue Nov 1 13:55:21 UTC 2016

The main app in my snapped feature wants to initiate some xterm sessions and run a different local snap command in each.  However, I can't manage to get a terminal emulator of any sort to behave correctly within the snap (if they startup at all, then they cannot receive keystroke input).  I have tried xterm, rxvt, and the vte-based sakura as staged-packages.   Plugging to the X11 slot interface (and even Unity7) seems to have no effect.    They build OK but fail at runtime with similar failures :

>/snap/exfab/x1/usr/bin/sakura: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>/snap/exfab/x1/usr/bin/rxvt-xterm: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>/snap/exfab/x1/usr/bin/xterm: error while loading shared libraries: libXft.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My target machine is a Xenial VM in VirtualBox . . .
Does anyone do terminal emulation from a snap ?

Thanks,
Joe

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and proprietary material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.