Snapping Ubuntu phone app using "ubuntu-app-platform"

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Wed Nov 23 04:21:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

I just read a blog about snapping a Qt app at:

https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/blog/2016/11/16/snapping-qt-apps/

I followed the step, and I made my own project at:

https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/rssreader_platform

The file size is dropped dramatically. However, there is a problem when
launching the app:

"This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt
platform plugin "xcb".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

I am not sure what is missing in my project.

However, my sample app at https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/rssreader_slim.
It works fine, and it does not use "ubuntu-app-platform", which uses the
content sharing.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo