Using Launchpad to build snaps

Evan Dandrea evan.dandrea at canonical.com
Wed Nov 30 02:49:50 UTC 2016

Hi Claudio,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "a regular user cannot use Launchpad
to build snap packages"? Is it just that your build needs to access the
Internet outside of the snapcraft pull phase?

If so, we are working to remove this restriction. We'll make an
announcement on this list when that lands.

Glad to hear you found the Travis setup easy. Out of curiosity, did you use
these instructions (
https://lists.snapcraft.io/archives/snapcraft/2016-August/000831.html) or
something else?

Thanks,