Using Launchpad to build snaps

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 30 03:54:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 02:49:50AM +0000, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> Can you elaborate on what you mean by "a regular user cannot use Launchpad
> to build snap packages"? Is it just that your build needs to access the
> Internet outside of the snapcraft pull phase?

That is indeed the problem Claudio appears to be having, from
https://launchpad.net/~claudioandre.br/+snap/anatine.

> If so, we are working to remove this restriction. We'll make an
> announcement on this list when that lands.

Right, though there are multiple phases to that work.  Fortunately, this
case (like many) is covered by the first phase, and so should start
working later this week or early next week.

(Though I think that using snapcraft's nodejs plugin might also be
possible in this case, and ought to help too.)