Let's kill "sideloading"

Bret A. Barker bret.barker at canonical.com
Fri Sep 2 01:03:57 UTC 2016

Consider also that we likely want to support remote unasserted installs for alternate stores [1], so they are fully orthogonal concepts.

So we have all four local/remote asserted/unasserted combos. And I agree that "sideloading" is no longer a useful term.

-bret

[1] With whatever warnings or override flags/configs we feel appropriate for that use-case.