Let's kill "sideloading"

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 2 07:07:49 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 01.09.2016, 19:15 -0300 schrieb Gustavo Niemeyer:
> Hello all,
>
> With assertions finally being put to great use, it's time to kill the
> term "sideloading". That term does a disservice to our conversations,
> because it is vague and also limits the thinking around what is
> possible.
>
> Whenever we use "sideloading", we mean one of two things:

does it actually matter what *we* use ? its the slang of the android
kids, it is what they know and will use when talking about the topic of
installing local packages, no matter what we say in our marketing docs

i dont mind changing it in docs or watching my personal language to not
use it if we decide on a term, but i doubt the crowd will follow if you
dont find a term that feels like a natural replacement for them...

ciao
	oli