command should be run as root

Leo Arias leo.arias at canonical.com
Tue Sep 6 16:13:09 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm confused by commands that say they should run as root. I'm playing
with runc: https://github.com/elopio/runc/tree/snapcraft

It's really easy to snap, but when I run it I get:

~/snap/runc/x1/container$ runc run testcontainer
runc should be run as root

So if I try to run:
~/snap/runc/x1/container$ sudo runc run testcontainer
open config.json: permission denied

First question, does it make sense for a root user to be denied to
access the files in /home/somebody/snap?

And second question is what am I supposed to do now? I created the
directory /root/snap/runc/x1/ and moved the container directory there.
Then I'm able to read the file, but that's not a nice experience.

pura vida.