More Ubuntu-Core boot up problems...

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 7 10:32:28 UTC 2016

hi,
On Mi, 2016-09-07 at 11:26 +0100, Ondrej Kubik wrote:

> > if firstboot would actually block the boot without model assertion,
> > porting to a new device would be nearly impossible :)
> Sadly this is exactly the case. I'm trapped in same situation, using
> own gadget snap and building image from edge channel. It won't boot
> as snapd crashes with missing model assertion, you won't get to
> console-conf at all...
> So as it stands porting to new device is no go.

console-conf starts in any case ... we are in the middle of porting to
ubuntu-image currently and i had 100s of firstboot failures and tons of
non-starting snapd issues within the last week, none of them blocked
console-conf. if it does not start this must be some other issue, there
is definitely no relation between firstboot, snapd and console-conf. as
long as a tty can start on your device, console-conf can start too (but
as i said, you might not see the message and it can take a long time to
start the python interpreter and load all modules on arm devices which
means you have to wait a bit after hitting enter til the UI shows up on
low level arm boards).

ciao

	oli