How do you add config files - "file" can't find it's configuration files?

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 16 13:15:08 UTC 2016

On 16/09/16 06:11, Dave Chiluk wrote:
> I also realize that it would take more work than this simplistic
> suggestion, but has anyone researched something like that?  Plus it
> would give each application even better isolation since the isolation
> would be enforced by snappy.

Except that the NICE think about snaps is that they CAN be integrated
elsewhere on the filesystem, and a sledgehammer such as the one you
propose would make that more awkward by the looks of it.

I do think we need a quilt or other mechanism for carrying patches. I
nack'd that previously, but having dug in, I've come around.

Mark