sqlite trying to access /var/tmp

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Tue Sep 27 15:29:34 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-27 at 09:25 -0400, Michael Hall wrote:
> Set SQLITE_TMPDIR=/tmp and it should be happy.
>
> TMPDIR isn't explicitly set in the snap's runtime environment, which is
> why sqlite falls back to /var/tmp
>
> /tmp is mounted into your snap's runtime, and sqlite will try
> SQLITE_TMPDIR before TMPDIR, so setting that ensures that it won't
> impact anything other than sqlite.

Hmmm, we used to export TMPDIR but it seems that it was dropped when moving to
snap reexec. Can you file a bug so that sqlite users don't have to worry about
SQLITE_TMPDIR unless they want to?

I think the bug is simply: 'please set TMPDIR=/tmp when launching snaps'

Thanks!

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com