ERROR cannot deliver device serial request: unexpected status 400

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 10:32:42 UTC 2017

On 02/02/17 10:27, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 02.02.2017, 10:01 +0100 schrieb Ara Pulido:
>>
>> Your device is trying to get a serial assertion from the Ubuntu
>> servers, but your model is not one of the Ubuntu official ones, so
>> that is not possible.
> AFAIK it is possible if both, gadget and kernel snaps are in the store
> and signed by the same key that was used by the model assertion (i.e.
> owned by the same user). at least that is my experience with the
> beaglebone black image that i produce.

Am not sure what's causing the specific issue you see, but Ogra is
describing the expected behaviour, which is that you can push a kernel
and gadget snap and then your own model assertion which binds those
together and is the basis for the image builder.

We are working with the hardware companies to ensure that building a
kernel snap is trivial for their hardware. Certified board will have
official kernel snaps that anybody can "just use". Of course, if you
want to modify the kernel for an official board you can also just build
your own kernel snap.

I know there is some work outstanding to get all of those pieces
working. There are some tricky corner cases (for example, what if you
want to change kernel snap entirely by issuing a new revision of your
model-assertion?) but it shouldn't be long before everything is in place
to enable all of that for straightforward cases.

Mark