Currernt config hook implementation scales very badly

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 11:01:17 UTC 2017

On 02/02/17 10:23, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> just as a side note, this works for all basic python stuff
> (wrappers/config etc), but not if you use any complex modules.
> in that case you should indeed ship python in your snap using a python
> plugin in snapcraft.yaml and include the necessary modules in your
> snap.

Yes, my primary point was that if we are going to offer some standard
helper modules, I would suggest those be in Python3 using only the
pieces available in the core which is always available. That way, with
minimal overhead, config capabilities can be improving constantly for
all snapcrafters.

Mark