Snap icon in the Ubuntu Store

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Mon Feb 6 00:15:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am a little confused about the snap icon in the store. According to the
document at:

https://snapcraft.io/docs/build-snaps/metadata

A package icon is defined by the "icon" field in the snapcraft.yaml.
However, my own project at:

https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/ss-qt

does not have the "icon" field, and it can be found at:

https://uappexplorer.com/app/ss-qt.xiaoguo

However, after installation on my desktop, in the snapweb, it does show an
snap icon for it. Why is it like this? For some of the apps, if I do not
have the icon field defined, it does not show the snap icon in the snapweb
at all.

Attached please find the picture for it.

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

--
XiaoGuo, Liu