Snap icon in the Ubuntu Store

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Mon Feb 6 08:43:38 UTC 2017

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot remember it exactly whether I set an icon
for it or not. But this is definitely a confusing part.

I think snapweb may have a bug for it since I change another picture in my
package, but it is not reflected at all after the new installation.

Best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Kyle Fazzari <kyle.fazzari at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Any chance the snap in question has an icon set store side? I believe the
> one in the store takes precedence over the one in the snap itself.
>
> Kyle
>
> On Feb 5, 2017 4:47 PM, "XiaoGuo Liu" <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com> wrote:
>
>> I just found another problem with snapweb. If I change the icon to
>> another picture in the snapcraft.yaml file, after new installation, the
>> package icon in the snapweb is not updated, and the old one is still used.
>> Is this a bug?
>>
>> Thanks & best regards,
>> XiaoGuo
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 8:15 AM, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am a little confused about the snap icon in the store. According to
>>> the document at:
>>>
>>> https://snapcraft.io/docs/build-snaps/metadata
>>>
>>> A package icon is defined by the "icon" field in the snapcraft.yaml.
>>> However, my own project at:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/ss-qt
>>>
>>> does not have the "icon" field, and it can be found at:
>>>
>>> https://uappexplorer.com/app/ss-qt.xiaoguo
>>>
>>> However, after installation on my desktop, in the snapweb, it does show
>>> an snap icon for it. Why is it like this? For some of the apps, if I do not
>>> have the icon field defined, it does not show the snap icon in the snapweb
>>> at all.
>>>
>>> Attached please find the picture for it.
>>>
>>> Thanks & best regards,
>>> XiaoGuo
>>>

>>> --
>>> XiaoGuo, Liu