ubuntu-app-platform updated to Qt 5.6.2

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 02:43:18 UTC 2017

I am now trying to snap a html5 webapp. My source code is here at:

https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/wuziqi

Currently, my Qt version on my desktop is Qt 5.6.2:
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.6.2 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

I installed ubuntu-app-platform from the edge channel.

$ snap info ubuntu-app-platform
name:      ubuntu-app-platform
summary:   "Ubuntu app platform for running apps on a shared platform of
libraries"
publisher: canonical
  Ubuntu app platform is an optional package your app can use to minimize
the
  disk space the app takes. The platform offers you shared content which
  includes Qt 5.6.2 with Ubuntu's backported fixes, Ubuntu UI Toolkit, PIM
  libraries and Oxide web browser engine among else.

  It is recommended to use the associated cloud part
desktop-ubuntu-app-platform
  to make the usage easy. Note that for developing a package targeting to
use
  ubuntu-app-platform, you will need to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS added with the
  "stable-phone-overlay" PPA which includes the newer Qt and other packages!
tracking:    edge
installed:   1 (34) 216MB -
refreshed:   2017-02-08 21:34:47 +0800 CST
channels:
  stable:    1 (22) 154MB -
  candidate: 1 (34) 216MB -
  beta:      1 (34) 216MB -
  edge:      1 (34) 216MB -

When running my app, it comes the error like:

$ wuziqi
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt
platform plugin "xcb"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

What could be the reason for it?

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo