ubuntu-app-platform updated to Qt 5.6.2

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 06:36:03 UTC 2017

Hi James,

Thanks for your help. Yes, you are right! Now I do a new version of it, and
I used a wrapper to launch it. This time, the app can be launched
successfully, but still there is an error like:

** (process:29208): WARNING **: Unable to register app:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: An AppArmor policy
prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient;
type="method_call", sender=":1.467" (uid=1000 pid=29208
comm="webapp-container www/index.html ") interface="com.canonical.hud"
member="RegisterApplication" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
destination=":1.36" (uid=1000 pid=2741
comm="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/hud/hud-service ")
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
qml: [JS] (file:///snap/wuziqi/x1/www/js/app.js:1) Uncaught ReferenceError:
UbuntuUI is not defined

My code is at https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/wuziqi1

I think it is another error.

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 2:26 PM, James Henstridge <
james.henstridge at canonical.com> wrote:

> On 9 February 2017 at 12:12, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. Yeah, it could be reason for it. I used to have a
> Qt
> > project, and the app was launched by desktop-launch:
> >
> > https://github.com/liu-xiao-guo/rssreader_platform
> >
> > For my case, it is a html5 app. I do not know what is the correct way to
> > launch the app. Do you know what should be set up correctly? I may have
> my
> > own script to set them up.
>
> The webapp-helper part you're using looks like it provides a
> bin/webapp-launcher helper script that would do what you want.  It
> looks like it might be what you're after.
>
> James.

XiaoGuo, Liu