snapd available in Trusty Tahr

Thomas Voß thomas.voss at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 08:39:55 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 5:02 AM, XiaoGuo Liu <xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried to install the snapd and installed a hello-world snap app on
> 14.04 desktop. However, I found a problem. When I un the hello-world, it
> shows:
>
> liuxg at liuxg:/snap/bin$ hello-world
> hello-world: command not found

This is expected behavior right now. PATH is adjusted in
/etc/profile.d/apps-bin-path.sh (comes with the snapd package).
/etc/profile and the entries in /etc/profile.d/* are only considered for
login shells. With that, a reboot, logout/login, or sourcing /etc/profile
in your current shell will give you the correct PATH setup.

We are looking into letting the user know when installing the debian
package (as opposed to the situation where snapd is already part of the
image). See https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/2819 for reference.

Thanks for testing,

  Thomas