launchpad snap recipe fails with classic confinement

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 9 19:23:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 02:09:49PM -0300, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> El jueves, 9 de febrero de 2017 13h'40:03 ART, knitzsche
> <kyle.nitzsche at canonical.com> escribió:
> >Is building a snap with *classic* confinement from a recipe supported on
> >lp?
> >
> >I created a snap recipe for my imported git branch and tried to build, and
> >the builds fail with:
>
> Even though LP will be adding support for this,

This is https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-buildd/+bug/1650946.  I've
been snowed under with another urgent snappy-related project, but I'm
planning to attack this tomorrow.

> snapcraft 2.27 adds the required support for a generic ci solution.
> This will be released early next week.

Oh, in fact, that looks just about perfect for us.  With that patch I
think LP could just export SNAPCRAFT_SETUP_CORE=1 when building snaps,
right?