New stable "core" and "ubuntu-core" snaps released

Paul Larson paul.larson at canonical.com
Fri Feb 17 14:41:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:15 PM, Max Brustkern
<max.brustkern at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt at canonical.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Snappy team is happy to announce the promotion of snapd 2.22.2
>> from the candidate channel to stable in both the "core" and
>> "ubuntu-core" snaps. It will also be available via the regular apt
>> update mechanism in Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 and 16.10. Other distributions
>> will follow on their own schedule.
>>

> I'd like to trigger tests to run when new core snaps are available in the
> stable and candidate channels. What's the best way to check that?
We're doing this right now with core on devices, along with other
snaps that are relevant to the product. Each time there's an update in
candidate, it gets installed with the latest image, all snaps get
updated in stable to the latest version, and the candidate snap that
we want to test is refreshed with --candidate. We run checkbox for our
tests through testflinger, but there's no reason why you couldn't run
spread, or anything else you like.

What we do to detect the new version in candidate is to simply trigger
off of something like this:
$ curl -s -H "X-Ubuntu-Series: 16" -H "X-Ubuntu-Architecture: amd64"
https://search.apps.ubuntu.com/api/v1/snaps/details/core?fields=name,revision\&channel=candidate
| sed -e 's|.*\"revision\": \([0-9]*\)[^0-9]|\1|'

You can replace "core" above with any other snap name you want to
check, and 'candidate' with another channel if you like. You could run
this in jenkins (or even cron) and when this returns a new revision
number, the test gets kicked off automagically.