HowTo: How to make a snap package for lolcat with snapcraft on Ubuntu

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:14:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I wrote a tutorial on how to make a snap for a CLI utility called "lolcat",
https://blog.simos.info/how-to-make-a-snap-package-for-lolcat-with-snapcraft-on-ubuntu/

I am trying a different style and I aim to show how to create a snap
for four different implementations of lolcat (in Python, Go, Rust, and
C).
The tutorial aims to gently introduce a few more concepts and
reinforce at the same time the basics of snap creation.

I am looking for feedback and especially if there are any concepts
that I should tackle in a better way.

Cheers,
Simos