Fwd: petname snap bug

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Fri Feb 17 16:35:23 UTC 2017

Is there something special I need to do to have the "man" binary
available to me?

My snap ships a manpage in /snap/petname/share/man/man1/petname.1

Perhaps too cleverly, when you run /snap/bin/petname --help, my
program tries to "exec man petname", and that fails:

$ /snap/bin/petname -h
/snap/petname/9/bin/petname: 49: exec: man: not found

Please advise.  Do I need to include man as a part or something?

Dustin Kirkland
Ubuntu Product & Strategy
Canonical, Ltd.