Thinking of installing snap on Debian due to scarcity of snap packages for armhf

Claudio André claudioandre.br at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:31:55 UTC 2017

Em 03/01/2017 11:02, Ralf Mardorf escreveu:
>> On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 10:25:15 -0200, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>>> This mailing list is a fine place to ask for help about snaps on Arch
>>> or anywhere else.

We fill in "Website" and " Support" fields in Ubuntu Store. This
information should be available in snap list (or snap
info/details/whatever).

My point is:
- If a snap works fine on 16.04 but not in distro X, Canonical, please,
take a look at it.
- But, if the user is wondering about SIMD support on ARM, he/she must
contact upstream.

> An important note by the Arch Wiki is
>
> "Warning: snap-confine is built with the --disable-apparmor option;
> full confinement relies on an AppArmor enabled kernel with Ubuntu's
> Linux 4.4 patchset applied and a related profile for the snap." -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Snapd#Installation
>
> I guess this is something upstream/vendors should know about snaps and
> other distros, at least about Arch Linux.

+1, this information is quite important.

Claudio