[System Enablement] New releases: wifi-ap=10 pulseaudio=8.0-3

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Jan 6 14:09:44 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-01-06 at 13:18 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 05.01.2017, 14:31 +0100 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
> >
> > hi,
> > Am Mittwoch, den 04.01.2017, 19:11 +0100 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
> > >

> > > ogra at pi3:~$ grep audio= /boot/uboot/config.txt
> > > dtparam=audio=on
> > >
> > FYI both gadgets for pi2 and pi3 have just been updated in the edge
> > channel with this fix, would be good if they could be tested with the
> > pulse snap now :)
> >
> so i tried to do some testing now that we have alsa enabled images ...
>
> installing 8.0-3-12 from beta/candidate without --devmode makes the
> daemon fail on startup with a seccomp error trying to call setgroups32
> and indeed you cant use any of the shipped commands like parec or
> paplay ...
> if i install with --devmode from either channel, the daemon starts and
> the commands work fine though ... so seems we are close ;)

This seems like a bug in the pulseaudio interface which allows 'setgroups' but
not 'setgroups32'. Can you add setgroups32 to
/var/lib/snap/seccomp/profiles/snap.pulseaudio... then restart the daemon and
see if that works for you? Can you file a bug if you haven't already?

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com